Saturday, February 25, 2012

True Christianity


Small note from me to preface...
This will be a two-part post. They were originally going to be one, but because I have no intention of shoving my religion down anyone's throat, I decided on two. I do not want to be another Christian who has offended someone in the name of God, so this gets a separate post so no one has to read it that doesn't want to.

My post that will follow is about hatred and this goes along with that. So many "Christians" spew hatred in the name of the Lord, and it's not right. To everyone who has been hurt by "Christians" and The Church, I am truly sorry. Even if you read nothing else I say, I want to say that Jesus was never that way and I'm deeply sorry that you were hurt and judged by someone who had no right to do so you. It's about time the real Christians start fixing what's been broken by hypocrites, so I apologize sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

I am a Christian, a follower of Christ. Not a hate-mongering, Bible thumping, sign holding, anti-rights, hater of sinners. I believe in the Bible and what it teaches: Love. Jesus hung out with thieves and prostitutes, not the wealthy and influential. God teaches us through His Son and His Word to love our neighbor and show the world the peace of the gospel. So why do so many so-called Christians feel the need to spew hatred? Why is it that they use God's (in my opinion) perfect Word to validate their viewpoint when the Bible preaches exactly the opposite of what they are speaking? Christ would be ashamed of them. Actually, I think He is completely disappointed by them. The fact that my beliefs that I hold so dear are used as a tool to hurt so many is abhorrent and unbelievably sad to me. Why must "Christians" judge others? Where in the Bible does it say that we are to be the judge of others? It doesn't.


"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1-2 (NIV)

Christians need to be secure in themselves and their God and not feel the need to constantly "convert" others with their words. Be a Christian and show people what true Christianity, not hypocrisy, is all about with your actions, not your words. Use your resources to do good instead of to spew hate. Show love by advocating for someone, instead of against. Give compassion, understanding, peacefulness, kindness, unselfishness, and love a try. Understand that not everyone believes the same as you, nor do they have to, and it's not your right to prove to them that they're wrong. Everyone is allowed to believe what they feel is right and true, and it's no one's job to change their minds. You certainly won't do it with hypocrisy. Stop letting everyone else change your walk with God, have a relationship with Him that's not defined by anyone else. Stop judging and worry about your own sins and shortcomings. Better yourself.

(Remove the Jesus stuff and that's good advice for everyone.)

This quote from John Cusack sums it up nicely.
Photobucket

I completely agree.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember Thumper's Mom: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!